Thursday 5 November 2015

Nnenna Ani Exclusive Interview: “If today were my last, I would fight to make peace with my creator…”


I had a little chat with one of our UK-Nollywood actresses, 
Nnenna Ani about her role in a new movie titled Oxford Gardens.

Oh, and did I mention she won ‘Best Rising Star’ at the 2015 BEFFTA awards held in the UK on the 31TH OF October?



Hang on…Did I also mention she was nominated for Best Actress in the CA Award, that will be organised by C-Hub Magazine on the 21st of November?

Congratulations Nnenna!



So here is your chance to know more about this lovely lady 

in the new movie Oxford Gardens directed by UK-Nollywood producer and director Obi Emelonye



 What role did you play in this movie?


I played the role of Constable Ogun, the metropolitan police attached to the hospital where Munachi (the lead actress) was admitted.

Do you feel that you are much the character you played? – maybe personality wise or physically?

At first I wasn't sure. I felt good after wearing the police costume. It helped me stay in character. Based on my experience as an actress, every role is expressed with a different character. Also producers know what they are looking for during casting. I trust Obi Emelonye for that. 

Nnenna Ani as constable Ogun #Oxford Gardens

         What was your favourite part in the making of   this movie?


The location of the boxing scene when the young talented D'Richy Emelonye was crying for her father to get up.  It was very emotional and I was touched. 


 What was your most challenging part in the making of this movie?


My role was not that challenging but I would say that in this movie, my character showed no emotions. That’s not my true nature. So the challenge was there to an extent. 


       Is this your first film with UK/Nollywood movie director Obi Emelonye?


No. This is my second time of working with this great man Obi Emelonye. My first was Onye Ozi (The Messenger), where I played the role of a TV reporter. I always feel empowered and fulfilled after working with him. 


What do you do in your spare time?


In my spare time, I spend it with my family. I love to read as well.


 What has been your biggest career challenge so far?


           My biggest career challenge so far was my role as a stutterer in the movie Oga Detective produced by Francis Uwadi.



 Are there any actors/actresses (Nigeria and beyond) who’s work or success inspires you?


Mercy Johnson and Genevieve Nnaji. Their humble beginnings and their great achievements so far, inspires me a lot.  



The slogan of the movie (Oxford Gardens) is “If today was your last day on earth, how would you spend it?” Name two things you would like to do!



           If today was my last, I would fight to make peace with my creator and ensure that my children are in order. 


Thank you Nnenna for your time!


And there you have it! Wishing Nnenna the very best as she rises to the top! 




Nnenna Ani, Theodora Ibekwe (R) Yetunde Oduwole (L)

3 comments: