Monday 15 October 2012

Words (A Poem by Kate Iffy Chukwu)

 

 

I was afraid of words
then you made me afraid

your words stabbed into my chest
like a double - edged sword
wounding my inner soul
and splitting my flesh
your words gushed liked a river
following its slope with no feelings
towards what it destroyed

your words made me feel
like a tree bent low from the heat
of the sun but i said nothing.

I knew there was power in silence
healing in silence yet i was broken...
in silence

I was afraid of words
then you made me afraid

but when you left with your charm,
arrogance, My money, you left
with your words.
i began to read
words that inspired me
write words that inspired me
from my heart torn apart by your words
which became my life, my strength, now

i know there is power in words
healing in words
and life in words

words make me feel like a tree
renewed from the rays of the sun
a tree that stands tall after a heavy storm
words kind of remind me of a little bird
which learns to flap its wings
it doesn’t matter where
or how high but someday
that little bird will fly

No comments:

Post a Comment